EMPLOYMENT AT COASTAL
Coastal Diesel pride ourselves on employing hardworking skilled individuals and are always on the lookout for exceptional people to join our team!
We are a diesel parts and service specialist company located in New Bern, NC. Coastal Diesel is a family-owned small business that has been servicing Eastern NC for over 40 years.
401K with Company Contributions
All employee benefits are subject to a 90-day probationary period.
To apply for the following positions please email us your resume at
make sure you specify which position you are applying too
Greet all customers with excellent customer service from intake to the release of their equipment
Complete a full customer interview upon check-in to assist with technician's diagnosis, clarifying description of problems, obtaining vehicle information, verify and/or maintain previous records.
Verify warrantable equipment explaining to customers provisions and exclusions.
Translate customer-reported problems to actional work orders for technicians to complete
Display excellent communication skills to translate technical diagnoses to customers.
Be able to develop estimates by costing materials, supplies, and labor as well as obtaining approval signatures before work begins.
Handle and resolve customer complaints with empathy and courtesy.
Schedule customer appointments matching repairs to technicians' areas of expertise.
Invoice and collect payment from customers for services rendered.
Research and order parts for work order repairs - per technician and service manager requests.
Complete follow-up calls for parts ordered and customer repairs
Maintain customer records and enter data into the computer systems
Update job knowledge by researching and reading manufacturer publications.
Excellent customer service skills
Highest level of communication sills
Demonstrate the abil432wwity to problem-solve
Can work independently
Shows initiative and drive to be successful
Basic Office Skills - copy, email, answer the telephone
Basic computer skills
Strong organizational skills
Basic mathematical skills to prepare and process nills
Basic Diesel Engine Knowledge
Willingness to learn.
· Assist loaders, wrappers, or any other function of the warehouse when needed and as assigned by the supervisor.
· Maintain clean work environment by removing trash and assisting with spill cleanups
· Load all orders onto the proper truck in the proper sequence; utilize a forklift to load palletized orders
· Maintain an efficient pace on the dock to prevent delay of workflow
Able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
Ability to read code dates, product and tracking labels
· May be required to deliver parts within the local area – driver's license required.
· Basic math skills such as counting, adding, and subtracting
· Ability to work as a team player
· Assist with checking in parts
· Assist in Warehouse Organisation
· Excellent time management
· Highest level of communication skills
· Strong prioritization and multitasking skills, a sense of urgency, and display excellent organizational skills.
· Demonstrate the ability to problem-solve
· Can work independently
· Shows initiative and drive to be successful
· Heavy lifting is required (up to 150lbs)
· Due to the nature of the position, you will be exposed to normal warehouse elements, standing, walking, reaching, pulling, etc are all required for the job.